Wednesday, July 23, 2008

4th of July at The Lake (Ohio)

Every 4th of July we make the trek up to Ohio for a Jeren family reunion. It is one week that I look forward to every year. Growing up I spent almost every day of the summer at the lake, water skiing, canoeing, swimming, camp fires. I miss it. My parents host a huge 4th of July party at our lake on the 4th. It is a wonderful chance to catch up with extended family and friends as well as my immediate family. This year was sooooooo much fun. Ali had a blast with her cousins Caris, J.J., and Liam. I even got to go water skiing for the first time in years! Here are some pics from our trip.

Mimi shows Ali how to shuck corn!

Uncle Lans and Caris in her 4th of July hat


Ali and Caris take a moment out for some girl talk.

"Mimi, I love your lake!"

Time for a swim!

Corn on the cob... yum, yum!



What a great campfire!

Making Smores.

Daddy... "flying"... more "flying"

1 comment:

The Rogers said...

Looks like you had a blast! I enjoyed reading all the pictures and updates from your busy summer!
Love,
Christa